Code of Conduct
The German Health Economics Association (dggö) is an association for the promotion of science, research and scientific policy advice in the field of health economics. It regularly holds scientific events, in particular the annual conferences and committee meetings. This Code of Conduct applies to these events and is addressed to all participants and organizers. They are expected to play an active role in implementing the Code.
dggö-events serve the purpose of free and respectful academic exchange. All participants contribute as equals to this endeavor. Harassment and discrimination based on, for example, ethnic or national origin, gender, age, religion or belief, disability, sexual identity, physical appearance, or professional status will not be tolerated.
Examples of harassment are
- derogatory or offensive statements and actions that create a hostile atmosphere,
- deliberate intimidation,
- stalking and tracking,
- unauthorized photography, filming, or audio recording,
- repeated disruption of presentations and other parts of the program,
- unwanted physical contact and unwanted sexual attention.
Participants who harass or discriminate against others and continue their behavior despite having received a verbal warning will be subject to sanctions by the conference organizers. These may include
- a formal warning and request to stop the offending behavior,
- exclusion from the event,
- termination or cancellation of the offender’s presentations or other contributions to the program.
In the case of exclusion from the event, participation fees will not be refunded.
- If other people ask you to stop a behavior that they perceive as harassment, you should follow their request, even if you yourself assess your behavior differently.
- In the event of harassment, you can contact the trusted person as indicated in the program or any member of the Executive Board of the dggö. Any information you provide will only be passed on after obtaining your consent.