COVID-19 Special Award
The German Health Economics Association (dggö) awards a prize of €5,000 to the
BEST HEALTH ECONOMICS PAPER RELATED TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
published or accepted for publication in a peer-reviewed scientific journal. Researchers from across the globe are eligible to apply for this prize. We welcome papers on topics including but not limited to
- Evaluating the impact of non-pharmaceutical interventions
- Economic and societal costs and benefits of policy responses to the pandemic
- Modelling pandemics and its impact on the health care sector
- Individual and societal risk perception
- Vaccination: take-up, equity, and efficiency
- Indirect health effects of the pandemic
- Impact of the pandemic on health behavior and self-protection
- Challenges of Covid-19 to health systems
Articles need to make a significant contribution to studying the current Covid-19 pande- mic. Research on other epidemics is not eligible for this prize.
The prize will be delivered and presented in a public ceremony at the dggö Annual Conference 2022 in Hamburg. Applicants should submit their paper until December 31, 2021 by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information can be found in this flyer
2022Olivier Bargain (Université de Bordeaux) und Ulugbek Aminjonov (Université de Bordeaux)
"Trust and compliance to public health policies in times of COVID-19", Journal of Public Economics 192 (2020), 104316.
"Measuring the Scientific Effectiveness of Contact Tracing: Evidence from a Natural Experiment", Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 118 (2021).